About Hope Community Resource Center.
The Hope Community Resource Center (“Resource Center”) is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) community-based organization located in Woodbridge, Virginia. The Resource Center aims to respond to the needs of the growing minority, immigrant and vulnerable communities in the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan area. Resource Center seeks to work with diverse populations, groups and newcomers from different cultural backgrounds from many parts of the world. The aims and goals are to provide needed services to these populations for free or at low costs.
Our programs seek to increase awareness and educate individuals within the wider community about available resources and organizations that are may be of a benefit to them. As a voice of less fortunate, the Resource Center brings into perspective issues that affect local immigrants’ minority and vulnerable populations.
Resource center seeks to partner and work closely with organizations in both the private and public sectors to gain a broad base financial support from corporations, foundations, individual contributions, in-kind donations, religious institutions, contracts as well as grants from federal, state, and local government agencies to assist in the programs and projects of our organization. Join the Resource Center as we serve as our community and provide a “Gateway to a Better Life.”
The mission of the Hope Community Resource Center is to improve the quality of life for minority immigrant and vulnerable communities in the Washington Metropolitan area as well as the entire United States.
The Resource Center’s vision is for immigrants and refugees to become a one stop center for resources within the community. The Center hopes to provide valuable services to minority, immigrant and vulnerable populations in the areas of health, legal, education, employment and social service resources.
Our goal is to assist: (1) service as a resource center for our target populations; (2) assist our target population to become acclimated within the US and become productive residents and citizens; (3) as well as to provide educational, legal, social services and other resources to fulfill their needs.
What we do?
Strengthen Ethnic Community-Based Organizations in the United States
- Adult Education (GED classes)
- ESL (English as a Second Language) classes
- After school program & tutoring (homework assistance and coaching)
- Computer training /Literacy
- Provide information on higher education & financial aid (FASFA)
- Financial literacy
- Parent Involvement and Coaching
- Extracurricular Programs (sports, club activities, art activities, dance & music programs)
- Referrals to medical and health professionals
- Free health information and education
- Free health screenings & consultation
- Translated educational materials
- Employment workshops
- Uncontested divorces
- Domestic Violence / Protective Order
- Document translations and filling out forms
- Referrals to local attorneys
- Cultural orientation
- Naturalization applications and requests for certificates of citizenship
- Adjustment of status (“green card”) applications
- Removal of conditions
- Family and fiancée petitions
- Consular processing
- Temporary Protected Status
- Cancellation of removal
- VAWA-related applications for victims of domestic violence
- U visa applications for victims of crime
- T visa applications for victims of human trafficking
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status for abused, abandoned or neglected children
- Asylum and Convention against Torture claims
- Employment authorization (work permits)
- Travel documents and advance parole
- Freedom of Information Act requests
- Defense against deportation (referred to local attorneys)
- Counseling (behavior health care services, family, pregnancy, school-basic, domestic violence support)
- Medicare / Medicaid application assistance
- Affordable housing voucher programs and applications
- Referrals to local social services
- Case management
- Mental Health Counseling
- SSI/SSD applications
- General relief
- Emergency assistance
- Food / nutrition assistance – SNAP / TANP / Food stamp application